The Internal Revenue Service has published new guidance on disregarded entities and excise taxes.
TD 9553 contains final regulations relating to disregarded entities and excise taxes. These regulations also make conforming changes to the tax liability rule for disregarded entities and the treatment of entity rule for disregarded entities with respect to employment taxes. These regulations affect disregarded entities in general and, in particular, disregarded entities that pay or pay over certain federal excise taxes or that are required to be registered by the IRS.
About Solutions Law Press
Solutions Law Press™ provides business risk management, legal compliance, management effectiveness and other resources, training and education on health care, human resources, employee benefits, data security and privacy, insurance, and other key compliance, risk management, internal controls and other key operational concerns. If you find this of interest, you also be interested reviewing some of our other Solutions Law Press resources including:
- TPA’s Embezzlement Guilty Plea Reminds Plan Sponsors, Fiduciaries & Service Providers To Ensure Fiduciaries, Administrators & Staff Prudently Selected, Monitored & Bonded
- 4/19 Deadline For Comments On Proposed Rules For Selecting State Employment Service Delivery Systems Providers For Veterans
- ERISA Leader Nell Hennessy Dies From Cancer
- IRS Expands When HFSAs & HRAS May Allow Over-The-Counter Drug Purchases With Drug Cards
- IRS, HHS & DOL To Delay Enforcement of New Insured Group Health Plan Non-Discrimination Rules Pending Guidance; Seek Public Input on Rules
- DOL Announces Changes To H-2B Prevailing Wage Calculation Rules
- $1 Million + FLSA Overtime Settlement Shows Employers Should Tighten On-Call, Other Wage & Hour Practices
- Medical Resident Stipend Ruling Shows Health Care, Other Employers Should Review Worker Classification, Payroll & Other Practices
- CMS Physician Compare Web Site Offers Consumers New Provider Info Source
- Avoiding Post-Holiday Celebration Sexual Harassment & Discrimination Liability
- Small Employers Should Weigh If Health Premium Tax Credit Justifies Changing Employee Leasing Arrangements
- 2011 Standard Mileage Rates Announced
- Proposed New Defined Benefit Plan Annual Funding Notice Rule Reminder of Need to Carefully Manage Pension Plan Responsibilities
- Affordable Care Act Grandfathered Plan Rules Loosened To Allow Insured Plans Making Some Insurance Changes To Qualify
- Update Employment Practices To Manage Genetic Info Discrimination Risks Under New EEOC Final GINA Regulations
- EEOC Attacks Medical Leave Denials As Prohibited Disability Discrimination
- DOL Proposes To Expand Investment Related Services Giving Rise to ERISA Fiduciary Status As Investment Fiduciary
If you or someone else you know would like to receive future updates about developments on these and other concerns, please be sure that we have your current contact information – including your preferred e-mail – by creating or updating your profile at here or e-mailing this information here. To unsubscribe, e-mail here.
©2011 Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. Non-exclusive right to republish granted to Solutions Law Press. All other rights reserved.